Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Magic Pill

"When I think of immense pain that I have endured, several subjects come to mind; toothache, Childbirth, Hunger and then Love! All but one has a quick remedy even if its a temporary fix. There is no magic pill for the pain that Love can bring."

Elle Boyce, CEO
PSSST...

When I heard my boss say the above quote, it really made me reflect on a lot of experiences in my life. I have been dealing with a few tough decisions over the past couple of weeks. So, I guess its fair to say I'm a tad emotional. Yes...I do have emotion and I know how to display it (shit, I'm human). She was right, no one has created the magic pill for a heartache and if you have experienced heartache, then you know what I'm talking about. Let's talk.....

She came to me with tears in her eyes and carrying her heart in her hand. She demanded that I take it from her and fix it right away. She knew as well as I knew that only time was the true healer in this case. But I also knew that when you are carrying the burden of a broken heart...you don't want to hear that bullshit about just giving it time. You want the hurt to be gone. The only noble thing that I could do for my friend was to listen. I also knew that even a hug or slight rub on the back would not relieve any of her pain. I knew she didn't want to hear how somebody, who the hell knows who did it..but they fucked up Cupid's story. I will tell her the story at a later time, but I will share it with you today. Cupid's half naked ass running around the world, shooting folks with arrows of love, you know how the story goes... fall in love, weeks, months, years and in some complacent ass folks decades pass. Eventually, as with life, things begin to change. It may be a positive or a heartbreaking change but eventually it changes and somewhere along the line, hurt is experienced. The initial plan for Cupid was to shoot people with arrows of hurt, so they wouldn't fall in love. If you don't believe me..check your dusty encyclopedia or better yet Google it. Cupid was sent to prevent people from falling in love, not the other way around. Well, since the shit got all fucked up, we experience love, lust, infactuation or whatever it is you are claiming or denying to be in the beginning then the hurt follows. Time is an investment when it comes to anything, but when you have invested months, years or any amount of time into something and it doesn't pan out in your favor. That shit hurts deep! and yes with time, all will heal, but have you ever tried to sleep with a broken heart? I have and I will be honest in saying that I prayed for the Lord to take me right then and there so I wouldn't have to continue to feel the pain, but I guess he thought my emotions were talking because I'm still here. Or maybe, he was thinking that the person I was going to be with was one that understood my thoughts, actions,re-actions and my EYES. The eyes are our windows to our souls and it doesn't matter how YOU think you are handling heartbreak,an intuitive person, such as myself can see right through that shit. So when you have been at work with that fake ass smile and laugh doing the "fake it til you make it" dance. Remember, your eyes also dance when all is well within. The eyes and heart never lie!

So for my friend that I am consoling, the only thing I can do is be there for her. Never to offer my personal opinion but to sit up and drink wine, eat chocolate or go for long drives, until "Time" eventually creeps in.

PSSST...

No comments:

Post a Comment